Newsflash: So I recently left my job. Which hopefully means, for readers of this blog, that I will have more time to cook & bake. Yay! Last night, I made dinner for two. It felt great to be back in the kitchen, really putting my all into the food. I love the smell of fresh herbs, like thyme and rosemary, especially when chopping them up, as the aromas are released. Shallots + garlic sauteing in the pan with olive oil create such a distinct smell as well, anyone around knows there's something delicious about to come. I hope to start back with cooking on a regular basis, and sharing in my adventures like I used to. Especially now that I've come such a long way from before!
Pork Tenderloin Diane
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 whole pork tenderloin, cut into 8 pieces crosswise
2 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp Worcerstershire sauce
3 tsp mustard (Dijon or regular)
1 tbsp minced parsley
Place each piece of tenderloin between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten slightly with heel of hand. Sprinkle surfaces of pork with lemon pepper.
Heat butter in heavy nonstick skillet; brown pork evenly, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to serving platter, keep warm.
Add lemon juice, Worcerstershire sauce, and mustard to skillet. Cook, stirring with pan juices, until heated through. Add pork back to pan, and let simmer for about 5-7 more minutes, turning pork over half-way through. You can either add parsley to the pan, or sprinkle on medallions after removing from pan. Remove medallions from pan, pour sauce over medallions, and serve.
Herbed New Potatoes
adapted from the Bon Appetit cookbook by Barbara Fairchild
1 pkg Organic red potatoes, scrubbed, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 clove shallot, minced
Assorted chopped fresh herbs (I just used rosemary)
Salt + pepper to taste
Steam potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
Heat oil in large skillet over med high heat. Add garlic and shallots, and stir 30 seconds. Add potatoes and herbs; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper. Saute until potatoes are heated through and golden, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with more salt & pepper, if desired. Transfer to bowl and serve.
Tonight's meal was enjoyed with a bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz.






The recipes look great! I'm sure it tasted fantastic too :)