Well, guys & gals, I made my Lenten promise and......I've given up meat entirely for the whole of Lent!! Can you believe it??! I am the biggest meat-lover ever...my parents raised us in a meat & potatoes world. Lots of steak, pork, casseroles, stews, etc. So when it came time to decide what to give up for Lent (I'm trying to be a better Catholic), I thought hard & long about what I could give up that would actually be tough on me. I decided on meat because I knew how difficult it would be for me, and because I eat meat almost every day. I figured this way I would be constantly thinking about why I'm sacrificing, and what this season is about.
So in conclusion, for the rest of Lent season, I will be posting vegetarian-style recipes. I am eating fish, so you'll probably see a lot of seafood recipes. Lots of salad & seafood & pasta! :)
And if anyone knows of any good veggie cooking blogs, please let me know! I need all sorts of help with this new eating lifestyle!
Recent Recipes
2 foodie praises:
|
Abby
said on
March 9, 2009 at 6:51 AM
|
|
|
Oh wow, good for you. I could never give up meat. I grew up eating beef every night, and although I no longer do that, I couldn't imagine my life without some beef or chicken a few times a week ;) |
|






Don't you remember when I tried that years ago? I managed to not eat meat the whole of Lent, but also sustained angry looks from our dear mother when I had to make my own dinners and (very sadly) miss out on the lovely pork, chicken, and steak dinners she'd prepare.
It was rough. More power to you!
-Kathy