I'm finally back! I've been traveling so much, that I haven't had any time to cook. But finally, I have returned, and tonight I was lucky enough to have company to cook for. I decided to stick with an ole' favorite, Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops. They turned out so amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better result. For a side, I had just picked up some fresh green beans from Fresh Market on Saturday, so I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com. I tweaked it a bit (as always), and here's my result:
Green Bean & Bacon Casserole
Ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in halves
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced Turkey bacon, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot, combine the green beans, onion and water. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. While the beans cook, fry the Canadian bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Stir in with the beans along with the cream of mushroom soup, garlic salt, pepper, and milk. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through and sauce is bubbly. This recipe also works well to make ahead and refrigerate or freeze until needed. If baking cold, bake for 1 hour.






Such a great recipe and perfect for holidays!