spoon

Recent Recipes

Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Cake

2

Category : ,

I got this recipe from Deborah's Culinary Confections. As I was sitting here eating a piece, I couldn't believe how amazing it was, and had to sit down and immediately post the recipe! I will admit though, that her recipe is much healthier than the version I have posted below. Confession: I have non-healthy ingredients in my pantry, so my swirl cake is a non-healthy cake! So if you want the healthy version, see Deborah's recipe via the link!

Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Cake
Source: Deborah


INGREDIENTS:

1 (18.25 oz) package chocolate cake mix (I used Devil's Food cake)
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, milk, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared baking pan.

3. In a medium bowl combine softened cream cheese, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Drop by heaping tablespoons evenly across top of cake batter. Use a butter knife to swirl cream cheese mixture into cake batter. Bake cake for 30 minutes until just set - cake is best if slightly underbaked.


2 foodie praises:

This looks awesome! I love me some cheesecake.

So glad you liked it! You should check out the Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl cake I just posted on my blog - same concept, but I think I like this one even better! :)

Followers