spoon

Recent Recipes

Football Party, number one!

2

Category :



This past weekend I somewhat "hosted" a football party. We had hot wings, Velveeta cheese dip from the neighbors, cookie cake, salsa, and more. I was so proud of myself for setting up such a great food spread! One recipe I did make was the spinach dip. I found this recipe online, and out of 15 reviews, it had scored 5 stars. I figured, it must be pretty good! And it was! So good in fact, that it was all gone before I had a chance to take a picture! Oh well!


Paula's Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
From: Recipezaar


1 (16 oz.) can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 oz.) package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
1 cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat, but do not use fat-free)
1 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (I used mozzerella)
1/4 cup green onions, chopped (omitted)
2 tablespoons of garlic powder (I added this to the recipe myself)
  1. Mix mayo and cheese together.
  2. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. (I only used half of the artichoke hearts.)
  3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  4. Bake covered for 25-30 minutes.
  5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese or bread crumbs on top. (This was another addition I made; I took hints from the reviews of the recipe.) Then bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
  6. Serve with wheat crackers, tortillas, or rye bread.

2 foodie praises:

Fun! I love the Auburn platter! War Eagle!

Ahh! I love that platter. Weagle weagle war damn eagle, kick 'em in the butt big blue! Hey!

Followers